Is your company looking for a qualified Safety Professional? Contact Karsten Morris via email @ email@example.com to have your opening placed on the Piedmont Chapter website.
Disclaimer: The Piedmont Chapter of the American Society of Safety Professionals assumes no responsibility for the statements set forth in any listing or existence of such listed positions. The chapter does not review or warrant the qualifications or statements of those responding to a listing.
Perdue Foods, LLC- Premium Prepared Foods Concord, NC Safety and Security Manager Position Description/Job Summary
Posted: Dec 17, 2018
The Safety & Security Manager effectively develops and implements programs, practices, and procedures to reduce the frequency and severity of accidental loss in the areas of workers’ compensation, general liability, and property; ensure facility compliance with federal, state, and local regulations which are designed to protect the human, financial, and physical assets of the company; creates a company-wide safety culture through continuous safety training, risk assessments, behavior modification and the safety management program.
Experience in a manufacturing plant/facility is strongly preferred.
- Responsible for the leadership and administration of all facility safety policies and all accident/incident investigations.
- Conducts claims investigations and evaluates risk management claims information to identify significant hazards and loss trends; identifies and recommends preventive measures and corrective actions.
- Evaluate risks and develops guidelines for roles, training and rewards for the management system in the areas of employee safety (behaviors, conditions that lead to accidents); industrial hygiene (noise, lead exposure, hazard communication, etc.); property protection (fire suppression systems, inspection procedures, etc.); post Injury and General Claims Management (all lines); OSHA compliance (lockout/tag-out, confined space entry, fall protection, OSHA record keeping, etc.); contractors; and job safety analysis, etc.
- Provide guidance and expertise regarding the Health and Safety programs.
- Work alongside the Wellness Center team to assist with safety incidents and worker’s comp claims.
- Assist management with the development and implementation of management accountability system for safety and health initiatives.
- Establish and maintain active safety committees with hourly associate involvement.
- Participate in safety inspections, observations, and incident investigations.
- Monitor all loss control activities through routine meetings with Safety Manager and associates.
- Provide continuous improvement and loss reduction programs related to health and safety.
- Act as liaison with OSHA inspections and correspondence.
- Stay abreast of developments in industrial safety and hygiene fields.
- Responsible for the management of contract security personnel and hourly Safety Lead associate.
- Maintains, chairs, and ensures the effectiveness and broad representation of safety committees; provides regulations and technical consultation regarding health and safety issues to employees, vendors, and facility visitors.
- Develops programs to ensure the Company’s compliance with federal, state, and local safety-related regulations, in addition to other environmental health, safety, and loss prevention standards and guidelines.
- Performs regular physical inspections of Company grounds, buildings, equipment, and operations; identifies hazards and incidents of regulatory non-compliance, and recommends corrective measures.
- Provides ongoing safety and loss prevention training to various Company departments to reduce the frequency and severity of accidental losses.
- Performs other duties as assigned